Finished table runner 16″ x 40″
Ten 8″ finished blocks
1 Turnover package of Aster Manor
by 3 Sisters (80 triangles)
⅞ yard fabric for backing and binding
20″ x 44″ piece of batting.
1. For each block gather one pair each of matching triangles, and four single triangles – for a total of 8 triangles.
2. Slice down the middle of each one of the four single triangles (as shown in photo), for a total of eight small triangles.
3. Assemble center of the block with cut triangles.
4. Square up block to 4½”.
5. Assemble middle sides of the block with cut triangles. Optional: Trim first pair of triangle ends before sewing.
6. Square up block ¼” past the corner of the center block. Use your ruler’s 45° lines as a guide for the first cut.
7. Assemble the outer sides of the block with triangle pairs. Optional: Trim first pair of triangle ends before sewing.
8. Square up block ¼” past the corner of the middle block. Trim all your blocks to be squared up as the same size. Use your ruler’s 45° lines as a guide for the first cut. Your block may be +/- of 8½” after squaring up. What’s important is uniformity of all ten blocks – not the size number.
9. Pair up blocks and join to make rows. Press in alternating directions.
10. Join rows to complete the table runner. Baste, quilt and bind.
11. Eat chocolate. Eat cherries. Tell someone you love them.
Make every day Valentine’s Day,